Through the use of polls, it is now much simpler to get the feedback of everyone in a WhatsApp group. To answer your question, you may now create a poll on WhatsApp groups, communities, and even personal chats if you choose. This option can be made on the site version of WhatsApp and mobile platforms running Android, iOS, Windows, or macOS. Here’s how to poll in WhatsApp on your computer or mobile device.
Using WhatsApp to Conduct polls
Compared to other platforms like Twitter and YouTube, the polls you can create on WhatsApp are unique but straightforward. There is no time limit on WhatsApp polls, so people can still vote their votes months later. People can vote for as many options as they desire, unlike on other platforms. Polls have a maximum of 12 choices, which is a nice feature. You can’t change the poll settings at this time.
Using WhatsApp on Android to create a Poll
- Launch WhatsApp, navigate to the conversation you’d like to administer the Poll and click on it. You can select it for a specific group, a specific person, or the whole world. Unfortunately, at this time, you are unable to create polls in the announcement channels.
- Select the paperclip icon (an attachment) in the bottom message box on the chat page.
- When the drop-down menu appears, choose Poll.
- Add the inquiry and begin populating the question options on the following page. You must include at least two and no more than twelve choices in a poll.
- Once you’ve finished customizing the Poll with a question and potential answers, you can hit the Send button (a paper aeroplane).
- With that, your Poll is live and open for people. With WhatsApp, you can even cast a vote for yourself.
- The results of the Poll can be viewed at any time by selecting the View votes link located just under the Poll.
Whatsapp: How to create a Poll on the iPhone
- Launch WhatsApp, navigate to the conversation you’d like to administer the Poll and click on it. Group and individual conversations, broadcast messages, and polls are all supported, just like on Android, however, polls cannot be sent on the announcement channels.
- To add a new chat room, use the Plus button on the chat page’s left side.
- You can select the Poll option by selecting the last menu bottom.
- enter your question and a selection of options into the Poll’s input field. There should be at least two choices and no more than twelve in the Poll.
- To share the Poll with the group, click the Send button at the top.
- You and the other chat people can now vote in the Poll. If you want to see how others voted at any moment, select “View votes” under the Poll.
How to create a WhatsApp Poll on Any Platform
- You can create a WhatsApp poll either on the web app or the desktop client.
- Next, select the paperclip icon next to the text area.
- Select the Poll option represented by a green bar graph in the list of available choices. If you use the Windows app, you will notice a Poll option on the main menu.
- You may now enter the question and add the poll options in the pop-up.
- When you’re finished, close the window by clicking the paper aeroplane icon in the lower right corner.
- Inviting others to vote for people in your Poll has now been possible. To view the results of the Poll, select the View votes link located under the Poll.
The results of the Poll can be viewed on WhatsApp Web.
The WhatsApp Mac client and WhatsApp Web share the same user interface, however, the WhatsApp Windows app is slightly different. It’s worth noting that this method is interchangeable with the Windows app.
WhatsApp’s poll function is very dissimilar to those found on other platforms. The Poll is open-ended because participants can cast ballots for more than one choice, and the Poll’s designer is also given a vote. Unfortunately, you cannot modify the polls’ actions in any way with the settings provided. However, rather than checking the random messages in the group, you can have a lot better experience taking the opinion of everyone in the group.