When Discovery Plus users try streaming content from a proprietary OS or Android TV, they receive Error 0C-C009.
This error code can appear when the Discovery+ app is unavailable or faulty or transient files interfere with the streaming process. If the error number shows on many devices connected to the same network, it could result from a network inconsistency.
Here’s a quick list of methods that should help you troubleshoot the problem:
1. check for server problems.
The error 0C-C009 is usually caused by a major server failure that affects multiple platforms that can run the Discovery+ app.
Note: In the past, there was a spike in 0C-C009 issues as the Android TV and webOS Discovery+ apps ceased working for all North American users. In this situation, the problem was resolved in a matter of days.
Whether you’re just getting started with troubleshooting, troubleshoot to see if there’s a server issue affecting Discovery+ streaming.
Start by going to the official Discovery+ Twitter account and looking for a recent announcement about the 0C-C009 error.
Then, on Downdetector, go to the specialized Discovery+ status page.
Once on the page, check to see if any people have reported this issue. Check for any recent comments reporting the same 0C-C009 error in the comment section at the bottom of the page.
You can also check for any recent notifications regarding a server issue causing the error on the help.discoveryplus.com page.
If you have previously conducted these investigations and there is no evidence of a server problem, proceed to the next method below for more local troubleshooting methods.
2. TV Power Cycle (if applicable)
After you’ve removed a possible server issue from the suspect list, the next step is to erase any local temporary data accumulated by your Smart TV. The best approach to accomplish this is to perform a power cycle operation.
This method has been confirmed to work on Android TV and Google TV, as well as smart TVs running proprietary operating systems (webOS, Tizen, etc.)
Power cycling your device will force the power capacitors to discharge, deleting any transient data that may be causing the error 0C-C009.
The following steps should work on any Smart TV:
- Before detaching your Smart TV from the power source, be sure your TV is turned off.
- Please wait 2 minutes after you plug it from the power source before plugging it back in.
- Please remember that this action will force the power capacitors to drain themselves, allowing your TV to conduct the next step without utilizing any previously saved temporary data.
- After reconnecting your TV, restart it and launch Discovery+ to see if the problem has been resolved.
If you still get the 0C-C009 error, move to the next method below.
3. Install any outstanding TV firmware
If you’re experiencing this issue on a new TV, you may be seeing the 0C-C009 error because your TV firmware is extremely outdated and incompatible with the most recent version of the Discovery+ app.
This can happen with both Android-based and proprietary operating systems.
In this scenario, the fix is as simple as updating your TV’s firmware to the latest version.
Pro tip: If the issue is with your machine, laptop/notebook, use Restore Repair to scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing data. This works in most circumstances if the issue is caused by system corruption. Restore can be downloaded by clicking here.
Remember that the exact steps will vary based on your TV’s operating system.
- Go to Home > Apps > Help > System software update and select Software update on Android TV.
- Go to Home > Settings > System > About System Update on Google TV.
- Go to Menu > Settings > Support > Update now on Samsung Tizen.
- Go to Settings > All Settings > Support > Software Update on LG WebOS. Check for Updates.
- Upgrade your television to the most recent version.
Note: If you’re using a smart TV operating system that isn’t covered in this article, look up precise steps to update the firmware to the most recent version online.
If you’ve upgraded your TV’s firmware to the most recent version and are still getting the 0C-C009 error, move to the next method below.
4. Restart or reset the router
Start troubleshooting for a possible network problem if you see the 0C-C009 error on every device on your home network connected to Discovery+, and you’re confident the streaming service isn’t having server issues.
Any cached data can be rid of by restarting your router. This procedure will only delete temporary files. Everything else will remain constant.
To restart your router, turn it off by pressing the ON/OFF button once, disconnect the power cord and wait one minute. If your network employs a modem, you should also restart it.
The button for restarting or resetting
Important: Do not press the RESET button since this will start the process of resetting the device.
You should reset your router if you’ve already restarted your router and are still experiencing the same Netflix error when streaming content.
Press the reset button for at least 10 seconds to reset a router. To access it, most models require a needle or something sharp.
This process will reset your modem’s unique credentials and default address. In addition, your username and password will be reset to admin defaults.
After you’ve completed these processes, open the Discovery+ streaming app to verify if the issue has been fixed.
5. Reinstall the Discovery app (Android TV & Apple TV Only)
If none of the above methods have helped you fix the 0C-C009 error, you should start debugging the Discovery+ application you are using locally.
Reinstalling the Discovery+ app also removes any corrupted data that could be the source of the error.
The steps for doing so will vary based on the platform. We’ve produced two sub-guides to assist you, one for Android TV and one for Apple TV.
Note: If you are experiencing this issue on a different smart TV OS, seek specific steps on reinstalling the Discovery+ application online.
To access the streaming service, follow the instructions for the platform you’re using:
On Android TV, reinstall Discovery+.
- Highlight the Discovery+ app on your Apple TV’s Home screen. Then, press and hold the Touch surface until the app’s icon moves.
- When the app begins to shake, press Play/Pause, then select Delete from the context menu.
- Uninstall the Discovery+ app.
- After completely uninstalling the app, enter the App Store on your AppleTV, search for the Discovery+ app, and reinstall it.
- After the installation is complete, restart your AppleTV to see if the problem has been fixed at the next system restart.
On Apple TV, reinstall Discovery+.
- To return to the main dashboard, press the “Home” button on your remote control.
- Then, in the Apps category, select Google Play Store from the list of possibilities.
- Navigate to the Apps page.
- Note: If the Google Play Store does not appear in the Apps category, expand the Apps menu first to see all listings.
- Once in the Google Play Store, pick My Apps from the menu on the left, then look for the Discovery+ app entry.
- Then, using the menu, choose it and click the Uninstall button to remove it.
When the process is complete, restart your Android TV and wait for the next startup to complete.
Then, from the Home menu, navigate to the Google Play Store, search for and reinstall the Discovery+ app.
TIP: If none of the Methods worked, we propose utilizing the Restore Repair Tool, which can scan the repositories and repair corrupt and missing data. This works in most circumstances if the issue is caused by system corruption. Restore will additionally tweak your system to ensure peak performance.