Tumblr is a microblogging site that allows you to share your thoughts and interests with the rest of the world. You can also locate interesting things to do and stay in touch with the people who important to you. It’s a canvas with photo, video, and GIF-making tools. On the other side, you must share all of them with the rest of the globe. It’s a better tool to connect with folks from all around the world. Tumblr allows you to start a one-on-one or group chat conversation. It’s one of the social media applications that allows you to add other blogs. This article explains how to change you Tumblr primary blog.
How to Change Primary Blog on Tumblr in (Simple Methods)
In this article, you can learn about Change Primary Blog on Tumblr. Here are the details below;
Know the Difference!
- Tumblr’s primary blog is the one you used to sign up for the service. Follow, like, submit, and ask are some of the choices.
- In addition to the original blog, a secondary blog is created. Tumblr allows you to make up to ten blogs every day. They might be password-protected, and multiple users could be able to create and manage posts.
Can you Change Primary Blog on Tumblr?
No. You cannot change your primary Tumblr blog. You can’t make the secondary blog primary or vice versa. But, you can keep your secondary Tumblr blog as your primary. Your primary blog will be permanently changed as a result of this. It’s all about directing readers to your secondary blog because they’re already read your primary blog.
How to Change Primary Blog on Tumblr?
If you wish to alter your primary blog on Tumblr, there’s a few ways.
(1) Log in to your Tumblr account at https://www.tumblr.com.
(2) Select Settings from the Profile icon.
(3) Select the primary blog settings option.
(4) Click the Edit theme button in the Website Themes section.
(5) Click the Edit HTML button in the upper-left corner of the screen.
(6) After that, copy and paste the code below.
<script> <!- windows.location = "http://inserttumblr.com/" //-> </script>
(7) When you see the coding, go to top and click the Update Preview button.
You can change the Tumblr primary blog using one of two other methods. Take a look at them from the ground level.
This process requires modifying the sign up Tumblr blog’s URL structure in order to make it compatible with another blog.
(1) Select Settings from the Profile icon.
(2) Go to the Settings page for the primary blog.
(3) Next to the Username field, tap the Edit icon.
(4) In the primary blog address, type the secondary blog name. Save the document by using the Save button.
(5) After that, create a temporary blog and replace your secondary blog’s URL with the temporary blog’s URL.
You can delete your primary Tumblr blog if you aren’t going to use it any time soon. Your secondary blog will now become your primary blog. You can change the primary blog this way.
This way, your Tumblr followers will be sent to your secondary blog. The final way we recommend is to delete your primary blog, which will then be replaced with your secondary blog. Otherwise, you can use one of the other methods to change your Tumblr primary blog.