Because of two-factor authentication, if your phone gets stolen or lost, you may also lose the ability to log in to online sites like Amazon.
The good news is that we’ve found a way for people who are having trouble logging in to log in to Amazon without a verification code.
Login to Amazon Account without Verification Code
Before we get to the real account recovery process, which we’ll explain in detail below, we’ll talk about a few other ways to get into your Amazon account. There are two, to be exact. Follow these steps to log in to Amazon even if you don’t have a verification code.
- Your name when you put your cursor over it on the Amazon desktop site.
- Click on Hello, then Your Name, and then Your Account.
- Click Login & security.
- Click Edit to set up two-step verification (2SV).
- Click “Two-Step Verification Off.”
Call or text to get an OTP
If you lose your phone, you’ll also lose access to the SIM card. Call your wireless service provider to switch to a new SIM card and ask that your old one be turned off.
A different phone number, like one belonging to a member of your immediate family, may have been given to you so you could use that number to log in to Amazon without a verification code.
Click “Didn’t Get the OTP.”
The page you see when you sign up for an Amazon account and enter your ID and password is called the Amazon 2FA page to log in to Amazon without Verification Code.
Type in your sign-in information again.
Amazon will show the last three digits of the backup phone number if it’s added to the list. Logging in with a one-time password is all you need to do to use this number (OTP).
- Click Send OTP and choose Text or Call to send the code.
- enter the One-Time Password (OTP) you got via text message or phone call to the backup phone number, and then click Sign In. You can now access the site.
- You can access your login information and security settings at a later time by going to your Amazon Account settings. Setting up two-factor authentication may require a new login.
- : Now it’s time to update your authentication phone number or turn off Two-Step Verification until you have a new phone and SIM card set up.
- Click the Edit button next to the Two-Step Verification settings to do this.
Locate A Reputable Device
Don’t ask for codes on this device; have a checkbox next to it when you connect it to your Amazon account. If you’ve already set this up on another device, you won’t need to enter the Authentication to log in to Amazon without Verification Code.
It could be on a desktop or a laptop, depending on where you work. It’s worth taking a look at.
How to Get Back a Lost Amazon Account
The process for getting back into your Amazon account is surprisingly easy. Log in to the account recovery page with your Amazon password to show verification of identity, like a driver’s licence or voter ID.
To submit the document, you can choose to upload it as a document, a PDF, or an image to log in to Amazon without a Verification Code.
Make your account ready for the future.
There are a few ways to get back into your account, but none of them are guaranteed to work. It’s possible that a trusted device is not available or that your account recovery process was turned down. Nothing is promised.
Two Phones for Authentication
Amazon is different from many other sites because you can add multiple authentication apps at once, and all codes will work. So, using two phones for Authentication will make it much easier to log in to Amazon on another device without a verification code.
- Open Amazon.
- Choose Account and Lists.
- To add Authentication, choose Your Account from the drop-down menu.
- Go to Login & Security and enter your Amazon account password to get to the security settings.
- Finish the two-step verification process and click the Edit button next to Two-Step Verification Settings to make changes.
- Add a new app next to the authenticator app by clicking Add new app.
- Now the authentication is done.
- Enter the one-time password (OTP) the app made to verify.
- This method works with any phone in your family, including those with whom you have a shared Amazon Prime membership
Make a number of more phone numbers.
- Adding more phone numbers for Authentication is the same as adding a new authenticator app.
- On the Two-Step Verification page, click “Add a new phone.”
- Continue by entering a new phone number here.
- You can now use this phone number to check in and get a text message or voicemail.
If you only need a few pieces of paper to confirm your account, it might not always work. Because of this, it is a good idea to enable a secondary authentication device and a trusted phone number.
Take the necessary steps to log in to Amazon without a verification code to make sure this doesn’t happen again.