LG Smart TVs are one of the famous TV brands which let you watch a wide selection of media material via the internet. Irrespective of your LG TV model, you will get a remote control, which allows you to turn on/off the TV, change channels, adjust volume, change the input source, and much more. But, if your LG TV’s remote is broken, you may have to work out a solution. If you’re in that situation, here is the guide that you may follow to turn on your TV without using the remote control.
How to turn on LG Smart TV without a remote control?
The quickest and easiest way to turn on your LG TV without a tv remote is by using the physical power button provided on your TV. You can find power the button directly below the LG logo on your TV.
A simple press on the power switch will turn on your TV. You can use this method even when you have a LG remote control on your hand.
Use LG ThinQ app
One of the key advantages of having Smart TV is that we may control the complete functions of TV using our cellphones. For LG Smart TV remote, you can use the LG ThinQ app. Android and iPhone users can now download it. However, you need to sync the app with your LG TV remote app to turn on/off it.
(1) Power on your LG TV and confirm that your TV and the LG ThinQ installed device are on the same Wi-Fi network.
(2) Open the app and click the plus sign (+) at the top of the screen to start.
(3) Go through the information supplied on the page and click OK.
(4) Select TV located under the Home Appliances section.
(5) A search for nearby devices will be performed by the app. Select your LG TV won’t turn on.
(6) A verification code on your TV screen. Enter it on your TV and click OK.
(7) Select LINK if you want to link your email id or select SKIP.
(8) Click the MOVE TO HOME button to begin the process.
(9) Now, turn on/off your TV by tapping the power button provided in the app.
If you’ve lost your how to reset LG TV’s remote, try these two methods to get it to turn on. On the other hand, if you use the second method, you run the risk of your older LG Smart TV not working. Try these walk-throws and give your suggestion in the comments section.