It’s a big thing when you get a new phone for yourself. In any case, the most hated challenge is reinstalling WhatsApp on a new phone. It’s a hassle nobody likes doing, and it’s annoying when you have to transfer from Android WhatsApp Backup to iPhone or vice versa.
However, you need not fret. We’ve written a tutorial on how to use Google Drive to restore an iPhone’s WhatsApp backup. Discover more about it as you read on.
The Google Drive Guide to Backing Up Your WhatsApp
To make the transition to iOS as painless as possible, we will review how to back up your WhatsApp data in Google Drive.
- First, get WhatsApp started on your mobile phone.
- The second step is to click more settings by clicking more options. Then, select chats, and finally, chat backup. At last, click the backup to save it to Google Drive.
- Third, decide which of the various frequencies best suits your options.
- The fourth step is to sign up for a Gmail account so that Google may store a copy of your data.
- Next, select the network you’d like to use for the backup.
Make a point to back up wireless connections for data backups. You won’t incur extra costs, and the turnaround time will be drastically reduced.
Can I Use Google Drive to Restore My WhatsApp Backup to iPhone?
So long as you still have access to the original Google Drive account, you can restore a WhatsApp backup made there. To make your WhatsApp backups from your new iPhone, you must link it to your Google account. After that, download WhatsApp and verify your phone number. Finally, when you’re ready to restore installing WhatsApp, you’ll be invited to import your Google account’s chats and media. Click the option to fix it, and your WhatsApp data will be returned to your iPhone.
WhatsApp Backup to iPhone: How to Download It from Google Drive? “[Fully Operational]”
Worry not if you’ve ever wondered whether or not it’s possible to restore deleted Whatsapp messages without a backup. Using Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer is the most reliable option among the several methods you can employ to complete this task. This tool was developed to transfer information between an Android device and an iPhone safely.
This tool’s greatest benefit is that a single mouse click is all it takes to complete a task. You won’t have to wait hours as WhatsApp syncs between devices. It’s a huge time-saver because the tool only needs a few minutes to restore everything from your backup.
- Media and programs can be moved with the help of Tenorshare iCareFone.
- Make an exact copy of your original IOS file with just a click.
- Compatible with the simplest versions of iOS and iPhones
- There are limitations to the free version.
Having learned how to use Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer, let’s look at how you can copy a backup of your WhatsApp account to your iPhone using Google Drive.
- To log in, go to Tenorshare’s website and download the Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer tool. Get it onto your computer and start using it.
- The second step is to click WhatsApp from the menu of available options. Then, select a backup on the left side of the screen.
- Then, select “Download WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to computer” (Step 3).
- Fourth, log into your Google Drive account with your credentials.
- Fifth, a few different backup options will appear on the screen. Decide which is right for you.
- Step 6: Have time; the tool will eventually compile your back.
- Seventh, the program will present all the information saved in the archive. Try it out, and if you like it, you can always “restore to iOS.”
- Patiently wait for the backup to complete (Step 8).
FAQ. – Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve included some answers to people’s most common inquiries about reinstalling WhatsApp.
How to Recover Archived Chats in WhatsApp?
Learn how to access your WhatsApp chat history and restore any chats you accidentally deleted.
- First, get your phone out. The WhatsApp app must be opened.
- Second, select “Archive” from your screen bar.
- Third, click the chats you wish to restore from the archive by clicking on them.
- To go to Step 4, click the “unarchive” option.
The WhatsApp Backup to iPhone: How to Do It?
Following these steps will allow you to restore WhatsApp from iCloud.
- In the first step, you’ll want to access WhatsApp’s settings on your iPhone.
- The second step is to access the chat settings.
- You’ll need to select the Chat Backup button in the third step. Make sure iCloud is used to store a copy of the conversation.
- The fourth step is to download WhatsApp before installing it again.
- Step 5: A “Restore Chat History” window should appear after you have verified your phone number.
- In the sixth step, you’ll select Restore Chat History and wait for the app to complete restoring your chat history.
Why does WhatsApp not move when I go to iOS?
To access the iOS move option, you must factory reset your iPhone. You will see this option if your phone is brand new or has been reset.
You may need to restore your phone to access the setting.
Last but not least
When consumers think about upgrading their phones, they often choose not to because they fear having to restore over with restoring WhatsApp. It may sound daunting, but several products on the market may make your life easier. Tenorshare iCareFone transfer, for instance, can let you restore WhatsApp in the blink of an eye. Get Tenorshare iCareFone before upgrading your phone to make life easy.