If you go to Northern Virginia Community College, you must use the MyNova platform. Using this portal, you can get to many Virginia Community College Systems, such as blackboard, canvas, novaconnect, email, and others. You don’t have to access each one separately to use them. If you don’t know how to use the MyNova platform, this article will show you how.
Follow the steps below if you want to login in to the MyNova platform:
- First, go to the official MyNova website.
- Enter your username and password, then click the “Log In” button.
- You’ll be taken to a page with links to Canvas, Student Email, and the Student Information System. Here, you need to click on VCCS SIS: Student Information System.
- You’ll be taken to NOVAConnect.
How Can I Find My Username?
If you have forgotten your username and want to get it back, you can do so by taking the steps below:
- If you click this link, you’ll go to the MyNova website.
- Now, click the “Forgot My Username” option.
- You will be asked to enter your email address and check the captcha. When you’re done, click Next.
- Now, enter all the information you are asked for.
- Now, click the Search button, and your username will appear in your profile.
How Do I reset the MyNova Password?
You can change your password for NOVAConnect, Student Email, and Canvas in the ways listed below. You need the same username and password for all three of the above services, so if you change one password, it will change for all three.
How to Make a Password Change?
Follow the steps below to change your MyNova password:
- By clicking on this link, you can go to the MyNova platform.
- Enter your Username and Password, and then click on Log In.
- Here, click the button that says “Forgot My Password.”
- You will be asked to enter your username or email address on the next screen. Once done, click on Continue.
- You will be sent an email with a link to reset your password. Click on the link and change the password. Enter a password that meets all the security requirements or standards.
At least one UPPERCASE letter
At least one letter in lowercase
No less than one number (0-9)
At least one special character (like’! @ # $% & * () +  – /?: ‘,)
Now, click OK, and your new password will change effect.
How does NOVAConnect work?
The Student Information System (SIS) at NOVA is called NOVAConnect, and it lets you look up information about students whenever you want. Here, you can search for classes, sign up for your courses, fill out online applications, drop or switch any course, make payments, and keep track of all your personal information on a single piece of software.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I enroll Up for a Class?
If you want to enroll for a class, log in to MyNova, click on VCCS SIS: Student Information System, and then click on Student Center, My Academics, and the Enroll tab in Self-Service. Here’s how to enrol for a class.
What is an Emplid Nova?
Emplid is a number in the Student Information System that tells or identifies each student (SIS). It can also be called a student identification number.
How Come MyNova ID?
If you don’t know your Nova ID, you can find it by clicking this link and going to the My NSU Identity page.
How do I change my username and password for Nova?
The article above goes over the whole process of changing your Nova password and username. You can easily change your username and password if you follow the steps listed above.
Here in this article, we’ve provided you with all the information and a step-by-step guide on accessing MyNova and logging in. We also gave you information on how to reset or change your password and how to find your username.