Did you get a photo on WhatsApp that you want to add a circle or arrow to point to something? Also, are you interested in sending a photo with your annotations? Don’t stress out. This tutorial covers how to add a circle or arrow to a WhatsApp photo on Android and iPhone. Okay, so let’s begin.
How to Draw an Arrow or Circle on a WhatsApp Photo for Android
In WhatsApp for Android, there are multiple methods for drawing arrows or circles.
1. You Can Now Mark Your WhatsApp Status With An Arrow Or A Circle
- Open the WhatsApp application on your Android device.
- Press the Camera icon while on the Status tab.
- Choose the photo you want to add a circle or draw an arrow or line.
- Different shaped stickers can be found on the Stickers tab after you press the Emoji icon at the top of the editing tools.
- To add an image to your arrow, circle, or box, tap on the desired shape.
- After it has been added, you can move it about the picture using your finger to touch, hold, and drag it. Alternatively, you can change the color of the arrow or circle you’ve added by using the color slider on the right side.
2. The Received Image Should Have an Arrow, or a Circle Added to It
Follow these instructions if you have received a photo from someone on WhatsApp and wish to draw an arrow or add a circle:
- Open the chat where you received the image in WhatsApp and click it.
- Open WhatsApp by tapping on the image.
- Then, tap the three-dot Kebab icon at the top and select Edit.
- It will show the doodle (drawing) tool. Use your finger as a pencil if you wish to draw. Instead, you can tap Done at the top to move on to the next screen.
- Select an arrow or circle from the Shapes menu by tapping the Emoji icon.
- Change the shape’s color with the color slider or move it with your finger on the picture. Increase or decrease the size of the body with the pinch-in and out gesture.
- To send the picture with an arrow or circle, tap the Send button.
3. In WhatsApp Photo Chat, Send a New Image using an Arrow or Circle
The following are the steps to draw a circle or add an arrow to an existing or newly taken photo in WhatsApp:
- Open the chat in which you want to send the picture after starting WhatsApp.
- Select an existing picture or take a new one by tapping the Camera icon in the text field.
- Select a circle or arrow from the Shapes area when the picture appears on the preview screen by tapping the Emoji icon at the top.
- Using the color picker on the right side, you may make the shape your own. Use the pinch-in and out gesture to change its size. Hold and drag a condition to the trash icon at the top of the screen to remove it.
Adding an Arrow or Circle to a WhatsApp Photo on an iPhone
WhatsApp for iOS does not have support for shape stickers. Therefore, WhatsApp does not allow you to automatically add a circle or arrow to a picture. However, as can be seen below, there are two solutions:
1. Insert a Round or Arrow Emoji in WhatsApp Photo
You can add an arrow or circle emoji to your shape instead of the shape sticker. In the manner depicted below:
- In the WhatsApp status or chat, choose the photo.
- Tap the Emoji icon at the top of the preview window.
- Type the arrow into the Search icon. It will show the arrow emojis that are currently accessible. You can add an indicator to your picture by tapping on it. Try looking for a circle emoji.
- To move an emoji to a new location on a picture, tap and hold the arrow or circle. To increase or decrease the size of the emoji, utilize the pinch-in and out gestures.
2. Use the iPhone’s Markup Editor
Using WhatsApp’s Markup editor on an iPhone is another option to draw a circle or add an arrow to a picture. The functionality outside of WhatsApp has been confirmed.
To mark a WhatsApp image with the markup editor, follow these steps:
- Launch Apple’s Photos app and load the photo inside.
- Press the Pen icon by tapping the Edit button at the top.
- It will show the markup editor. Please select the desired shape from the circle or arrow icons at the bottom to add it to the picture by tapping the (+) button.
- To change the size of the arrow or circle, use the blue dots on them. The arrow and circle shapes can be customized by selecting a new color from the drop-down menu at the bottom.
- To save the image, tap Done, then Done again.
- To add the altered image to your status or send it in a chat, open WhatsApp.
USE STICKERS in WhatsApp Photo
Learn how to utilize stickers like a pro once you’ve added an arrow or a circle to a WhatsApp Photo. In addition, you should be familiar with making your stickers. Additionally, have a look at the top WhatsApp sticker apps.